Each state has its own laws addressing intergovernmental purchasing by local government agencies.
Please click a state on the map to display the Intergovernmental Purchasing Statutes by state.
The material provided on this page is for informational and educational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. It may not contain the most up to date changes in the law. Please consult with your legal counsel for further details on your state’s own laws addressing intergovernmental purchasing.
王少杰北大Title 36 Public Contracts
Chapter 36.30 State Procurement Code
Chapter 102 Common Service Contracts by Article 9 Intergovernmental Relations王少杰北大
36.30.700: Cooperative purchasing authorized.
王少杰北大19-11-206: Definitions concerning intergovernmental relations as used in this subchapter, unless the context otherwise requires:王少杰北大
1. "State public procurement unit" means the Office of State Procurement and any other procurement agency of this state;.
A. Any county, city, town, state agency, and any other subdivision of the state or public agency thereof,
B. Any fire protection district;
C. Any regional water distribution district;
D. Any rural development authority;
E. Any public authority;
F. Any public educational, health, or other institution;
G. Any nonprofit corporation during such time that it contracts with the Division of Developmental Disabilities Services of the Department of Human Services to provide services to the developmentally disabled, provided the contract exceeds seventy-five thousand dollars ($75,000) per year
H. Any nonprofit corporation providing fire protection services to a rural area or providing drinking water to the public in a rural area;
I. Any nonprofit corporation which contracts with the Department of Human Services, provided that the contract includes provisions for transportation services, and the contract exceeds seventy-five thousand dollars ($75,000) per year; and
J. To the extent not prohibited by law, any other entity which expends public funds for the acquisition or leasing of commodities and services;
3. "Public procurement unit" means either a local public procurement unit or a state public procurement unit;
4. "External procurement activity" means any buying organization not located in this state which, if located in this state, would qualify as a public procurement unit. A. An agency of the federal government is an external procurement activity; and
5. "Cooperative procurement" means procurement conducted by, or on behalf of, more than one (1) public procurement unit or by a public procurement unit with an external procurement activity.
王少杰北大19-11-249: Cooperative purchasing.王少杰北大
Any public procurement unit may either participate in, sponsor, conduct, or administer a cooperative purchasing agreement for the acquisition of any commodities or services with one (1) or more public procurement units or external procurement activities in accordance with an agreement entered into between the participants. Such cooperative purchasing may include, but is not limited to, joint or multiparty contracts between public procurement units and open ended state public procurement unit contracts which are made available to local public procurement units.
王少杰北大Colorado Revised Statutes
Title 24 Government - State
Article 110 Intergovernmental Relations王少杰北大
24-110-201. Cooperative purchasing authorized.
Title 29 State Government
Part VI Budget, Fiscal, Procurement and Contracting Regulations
Chapter 69. State Procurement
29 Del. C. § 6987: Cooperative Procurement
|王少杰北大Title XI County Organization and Intergovernmental Relations|
Chapter 163 Intergovernmental Programs
Part I Miscellaneous Programs王少杰北大
163.01 Florida Interlocal Cooperation Act of 1969.
2. It is the purpose of this section to permit local governmental units to make the most efficient use of their powers by enabling them to cooperate with other localities on a basis of mutual advantage and thereby to provide services and facilities in a manner and pursuant to forms of governmental organization that will accord best with geographic, economic, population, and other factors influencing the needs and development of local communities.
3. As used in this section:
a) "Interlocal agreement" means an agreement entered into pursuant to this section.
b) "Public agency" means a political subdivision, agency, or officer of this state or of any state of the United States, including, but not limited to, state government, county, city, school district, single and multipurpose special district, single and multipurpose public authority, metropolitan or consolidated government, an independently elected county officer, any agency of the United States Government, a federally recognized Native American tribe, and any similar entity of any other state of the United States.
c) "State" means a state of the United States.
d) "Person" means:
1. Any natural person;
2. The United States; any state; any municipality, political subdivision, or municipal corporation created by or pursuant to the laws of the United States or any state; or any board, corporation, or other entity or body declared by or pursuant to the laws of the United States or any state to be a department, agency, or instrumentality thereof;
3. Any corporation, not-for-profit corporation, firm, partnership, cooperative association, electric cooperative, or business trust of any nature whatsoever which is organized and existing under the laws of the United States or any state; or
4. Any foreign country; any political subdivision or governmental unit of a foreign country; or any corporation, not-for-profit corporation, firm, partnership, cooperative association, electric cooperative, or business trust of any nature whatsoever which is organized and existing under the laws of a foreign country or of a political subdivision or governmental unit thereof.
5. A public agency of this state may exercise jointly with any other public agency of the state, of any other state, or of the United States Government any power, privilege, or authority which such agencies share in common and which each might exercise separately.
王少杰北大Division 1. Government
Title 9 Public Property, Purchasing and Contracting
Chapter 103D Hawaii Public Procurement Code
Part VIII Government Relations and Cooperative Purchasing王少杰北大
§ 103D-801: Definitions
§ 103D-802: Cooperative purchasing authorized
王少杰北大Chapter 5 General Provisions
Act 220 Intergovernmental Cooperation Act
5 ILCS 220/2
5 ILCS 220/3
王少杰北大Title I State Sovereignty and Management
Subtitle 10. Joint Governmental Activity
Chapter 28E Joint Exercise of Governmental Powers王少杰北大
28E.3: Joint exercise of powers
王少杰北大Title VI Financial Administration
Chapter 45A Kentucky Model Procurement Code
45A.295: Definitions for terms used in KRS 45A.295 to 45A.320.
45A.300: Cooperative purchasing.
(2) Nothing in this code shall limit any public purchasing unit from selling to, acquiring from, or using any property belonging to another public purchasing unit or foreign purchasing activity independent of the requirements of KRS 45A.070 to 45A.180.
(3) Nothing in this code shall limit or restrict any public purchasing unit from entering into an agreement, independent of the requirements of KRS 45A.045(5) and KRS 45A.070 to 45A.165, with any other public purchasing unit or foreign purchasing activity for the cooperative use of supplies or services.
(4) Any public purchasing unit may enter into an agreement for the joint or common use of warehousing facilities or the lease or common use of capital equipment or facilities with any other public purchasing unit or a foreign purchasing activity subject to the terms as may be agreed upon between the parties.
(5) Nothing in this code shall limit or restrict the ability of local school districts to acquire supplies outside of the public purchasing agreements when the supplies and equipment meeting the same specifications as the contract items are available at a lower price elsewhere and the purchase does not exceed two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500).
(6) Nothing in this code shall limit any public purchasing unit from receiving notice of or accepting a price reduction on supplies or equipment when the supplies or equipment are being offered by the vendor with whom a price agreement has been made; the supplies or equipment are being offered in accordance with all terms and conditions that are specified in the price agreement, except those relating to price; and the price reduction is offered to all of the participants in the price agreement. Public purchasing units may accept special price reductions under this subsection even if the reduced price requires the purchase of a specified quantity of units different from the quantity stated in the original price agreement. Price reductions under this subsection shall not be considered to permanently alter the price of the supplies or equipment under the price agreement with the Commonwealth, except where the price reductions are to be made permanent under the express terms of the price agreement and where the purchasing agency which solicited the price agreement determines that the enforcement of those terms serves the best interest of the Commonwealth.
王少杰北大Maine Revised Statutes
Title 30-A Municipalities and Counties
Part 2 Municipalities
Subpart 2: Organization and Interlocal Corporation王少杰北大
30-A M.R.S.A. § 2201: Purpose
30-A M.R.S.A. § 2202: Definitions
As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise indicates, the following terms have the following meanings.
1. Public agency. "Public agency" means:
A. Any political subdivision of the State, as defined in section 2252, or any adjoining state; or
C. Any agency of State Government or the Federal Government.
30-A M.R.S.A. § 2252: "Political subdivision" defined
30-A M.R.S.A. § 2203: Joint exercise of powers
王少杰北大Part I. Administration of the Government
Title III Laws Relating to State Officers
Chapter 30B. Uniform Procurement Act王少杰北大
§ 2. Definitions
§ 22 Cooperative Purchasing Agreements
Chapter 471 Municipal Rights, Powers, Duties
471.59: Joint exercise of powers.
王少杰北大Title VI County, Township & Political Subdivision Government
Chapter 70 Powers of Political Subdivisions to Cooperate or Contract with Governmental Units
70.220: Political subdivisions may cooperate with each other, with other states, the United States or private persons
王少杰北大Chapter 13 Cities, Counties, and Political Subdivisions王少杰北大
13-2503. Terms, defined.
13-2505. Joint exercise of powers.
王少杰北大Title III Towns, Cities, Village Districts and Unincorporated Places
Chapter 53-A Agreements Between Government Units王少杰北大
53-A:2 Public Agency Defined
53-A:3 Joint Exercise of Powers.
王少杰北大Chapter 11 Intergovernmental Agreements and Authorities
Article 1 Joint Powers Authority
11-1-3. Authority to enter into agreements; approval of the secretary of finance and administration required
13-1-135. Cooperative procurement authorized
王少杰北大Chapter 160A. Cities and Towns
ARTICLE 20 Interlocal Cooperation
Part 1 Joint Exercise of Powers王少杰北大
160A-461. Interlocal cooperation authorized
王少杰北大North Carolina Schools王少杰北大
143-129. Procedure for letting of public contracts
王少杰北大State of Ohio Statutes
Ohio Revised Rule
Chapter 9: Miscellaneous王少杰北大
§ 9.48 Joint Purchasing Programs
(A) As used in this section, “political subdivision” has the same meaning as in section 2744.01 of the Revised Code and includes a county hospital as defined in section 339.01 of the Revised Code.
王少杰北大Chapter 279A Public Contracting
279A.205 Cooperative procurements authorized
279A.220 Interstate cooperative procurements
279A.200 Definitions for ORS 279A.200 to 279A.225
王少杰北大Rhode Island General Laws
Title 45 Towns and Cities
Chapter 40.1 Interlocal Contracting and Joint Enterprises王少杰北大
§ 45-40.1-1 Legislative purpose
§ 45-40.1-3 "Public agency" defined
§ 45-40.1-4 Interlocal agreements
王少杰北大Title 1 Chapter 1-24王少杰北大
Title 7. Intergovernmental Relations
Chapter 791 Interlocal Cooperation Contracts
Subchapter C. Specific Interlocal Contracting Authority王少杰北大
§ 791.001 GOV'T. Purpose
§ 791.003 GOV'T. Definitions
§ 791.025 GOV'T. Contracts for Purchases
王少杰北大Title Twenty-Four Municipal and County Government
Part 2. Municipalities
Chapter 121 Intermunicipal Cooperation & Services
Subchapter 4 Interlocal Contracts王少杰北大
1 V.S.A. § 126. Municipality
24 V.S.A. § 4901. Authorization
王少杰北大Revised Code of Washington
Title 39 RCW Public Contracts & Indebtedness
Chapter 39.34 RCW Interlocal Cooperation Act王少杰北大
RCW 39.34.020 Definitions
RCW 39.34.030 and 1992 c 161 s 4 are each amended to read as follows:
王少杰北大Chapter 66 General Municipality Law
Subchapter III Intergovernmental Cooperation王少杰北大
66.0303 Municipal interstate cooperation
66.0301 Intergovernmental cooperation
王少杰北大Title 16 City, County, State and Local Powers
Chapter 1 Intergovernmental Cooperation
Article 1 In General王少杰北大
16-1-101. Authority to cooperate